Friday, April 26, 2013

The Big Flood

It's 8:30 AM on Thursday, April 18th and traffic is at a standstill. I am desperately trying to get to work, but the might Des Plaines River is swollen and angry. As I wait to cross the river I consider my options for my next blog post, maybe a book review, an author piece, an upcoming library program. The rain keeps falling and my brain seems as water logged as the streets. An hour later Mother Nature has won, I turn around and head back home. Back at work, my blog post looms over me, dare I say, like a storm cloud. It finally occurs to me, are there any fiction novels about floods? You bet, try one of these.


Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
Flood by Stephen Baxter
In Sunlight, in a Beautiful Garden by Kathleen Cambor
Taken at the Flood by Agatha Christie
The Staggerford Flood by Jon Hassler
The Knowledge of Water by Sarah Smith
Skeletons in Purple Sage by Barbara Burnett Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment