Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Debbie Macomber

Debbie Macomber, best-selling author of women’s fiction with more than 130 million copies of her novels in print will be leaving her longtime publisher MIRA and joining Random House Publishing Group. Ballantine Bantam Dell division’s Ballantine Imprint will be publishing her novels starting in 2012. Macomber said, “I am delighted and grateful to find a home with the energetic, inspired, and extremely impressive team at Ballantine Bantam Dell. I’m looking forward to a new stage in my 28-year publishing career, full of fresh ideas and exciting opportunities to bring my stories to the widest possible audience, and to deepen my long-term relationships with my loyal readers.” As one of her loyal readers I hope she continues with the same characters I have grown to love. When I pick up a Debbie Macomber book, I know I will get a quality story with inspirational and optimistic characters. Along with her new publisher, she will begin a new series set in her hometown of Port Orchard, Washington. I can’t wait to read it.


Current 2010 Fiction Releases:

Call Me Mrs. Miracle: While working in the toy department of a family-run department store in New York City, Mrs. Miracle seizes the opportunity to connect Holly who is searching for the perfect present for her nephew and the owner’s son Jake. The Hallmark Channel premiered this made for television movie on November 27, 2010.

Hannah’s List: On the first year anniversary of his wife’s death from ovarian cancer, Dr. Michael Everett, pediatrician, finds a letter from her making one last request. She implores him to remarry and she suggests three women for consideration. Two of the women he already knows, Winter Adams Hannah’s cousin and a trained chef, Leanne Lancaster, Hannah’s oncology nurse and the third he never met Macy Roth an animal-loving artist. In the months that follow, he spends time with each woman getting to know them and even learning a few things about himself. Who will Michael choose, pick up a copy and find out.

1022 Evergreen Place: Neighbors Mary Jo Wyse and Mack McAfee feel their love grow stronger as they work together to solve the mystery of what happened to the World War II solider who wrote the letters that Mary Jo found, and to the girl he wrote to. Another great installment in this heart-warming series.

No comments:

Post a Comment