Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Futbol Fever

While I am not a big sports fan, every four years I do get charged up about the World Cup. 32 teams go head to head for the prize cup. I am certain it appeals to me for its international element. Every four years I imagine the US winning the cup, when they become eliminated I hustle to find another team for which to lend my support. Because my great grandparents were from Italy, I may support the Italians or maybe Mexico, my husband was born there, or maybe Spain, where I spent a year abroad. Unlike other sporting events, you can cheer for various teams/countries at each round, up until the end of course when it comes down to just two. In the end I often go for the underdog, I love a comeback.


Catch World Cup fever with these books and media.

Soccer by Hornby, Hugh 2010

The ESPN World Cup companion : everything you need to know about the planet's biggest sports event 1st ed. Hirshey, David.

USA soccer Gulbrandsen, Don.

2010 FIFA World Cup. South Africa [electronic resource (Xbox)]

2010 FIFA World Cup. South Africa [electronic resource (Wii)]

Great moments in World Cup history 1st ed. Bailey, Diane, 2010

The great match [videorecording (DVD)]

No comments:

Post a Comment